While we don't currently have many children and youth attending Knox on a regular basis, those who do come are most welcome, and are loved and supported by the congregation.
We have devoted the east transept of the sanctuary as a children's area, where they may draw, put together puzzles, or cuddle a soft toy during the service.
The service always has a time for the young at heart after which a leader will work with the children in attendance - sometimes in the transept space, and sometimes in the adjacent building.
Our children are actively involved in the life and work of the church.
Recently they have:
- Prepared and harvested the vegetable garden, with proceeds to First United Church
- Collected coins for UNICEF
- Made cookies for congregational fellowship
- Made Christmas cards to be bundled for sale to the congregation
- Folded Origami cranes for peace and healing
- Sung with the choir in anthems
- Acted in Christmas Pageants
- Voluntarily assisted in serving at Community Lunch
- Written Prayers of the People and assumed presiding leadership in a Sunday Worship service
- Prepared PowerPoint presentations and monitored the computer and projectors for services
At the Christmas Eve Family service, at 7:00 p.m., our numbers of young people swell significantly, and we are always thrilled to welcome them. They are invited to participate, "spontaneously", in the pageant - as angels, shepherds and animals.