- Monday, January 14, 2019
- 7:00 - 10:00 pm
- Save to your Calendar
Come join us January 14th at Torafuku for a dinner that gives back.
The DTES Neighbourhood House is partnering with Chef Clement Chan (and his chef friends) to raise funds for programs benefitting our most vulnerable community members. For $150, your ticket will enable us to:
- Serve 75 nutritious meals, or
- Distribute 640 bananas, or
- Make 140 real fruit smoothies
The DTESNH and Chef Clement (@Torafuku) started planning a dinner inspired by fundamentally shared philosophies:
1. Right to quality, healthy food for all
3. Inclusion— especially for those who experience marginalization and are often excluded from consideration when it comes to the right and dignity to access real and healthy food.
The DTES Neighbourhood House hosts meals for all our program participants, from children at our Kids Kitchen program to the many seniors that stop in at our Community Drop-In. Our programs are based on the Right to Food Philosophy and foster the joy and connection that comes from people sharing a meal in community. In addition to donations of fresh produce and supplies, we also buy a great deal of healthy food stuffs.