CHECK out the PHOTOS, VIDEO and COMMENTS from
Can the Displaced Speak?
Young Refugee Women Negotiating Identity and Belonging
Through the Camera LensA project conducted by Neila Miled and Young Refugee Women
held at Knox on Tuesday, February 26, 2019
This PhotoVoice project tells the stories of eleven young women who have experienced displacement. It captures the emotions, journeys and memories that a group of Muslim and Christian refugees from different cultural, ethnic, and linguistic backgrounds have chosen to share regarding identity, belonging, the notion of home, and their school experiences. (Exhibit shown at the Liu Institute for Global Issues Nov 2018 -Jan 2019).
- So, So Powerful! I am so moved each time I read the stories these girls have shared. Thank you!
- How to meet these sweet women & support them in their Canadian strivings? Thank you!
- How can I help these new Canadians find & feel PEACE?
- You photographers are so articulate through your beautiful images. Thank you for sharing a bit of your experience.
- Thank you for your beautiful sharing of your stories. It gives us hope for the future.
- Wonderful photography and narratives; amazing sharing of experiences, hopes and wishes! Wishing you all the best in your future endeavours. With Love.
- WOW! Amazing stories!
- I agree! As a Canadian, born & bred, it gives me Hope!
- Thanks to each one of you for sharing and helping me understand and bond with you!
- Thank you for sharing your precious stories!
- These photos mean as much to me as more than a thousand words! Thank you!
- I think I saw what people believe in. I think I saw what people live for.
Information and arrangements: [email protected]