Ismaili Centre Tour
- Wednesday, October 18, 2017
- 1:00PM - 4:00PM
The Exploring Faith Team is arranging a tour of
The Ismaili Centre
on October 18th from 1 - 4 pm
The Ismaili Centre, designed by Bruno Freschi, is a synthesis of traditional Islamic architectural principles and modern construction techniques.
Inaugurated in 1985 by then Prime Minister Brian Mulroney and His Highness the Aga Khan, the centre is one of BC's best kept architectural secrets.
The tour includes:
- an architectural tour of the exterior of the centre,
- a light lunch, a speaker giving an overview of the Ismaili
- a speaker giving an overview of the Ismaili Muslim community in Canada,
- and a tour of the administration level and council chambers, the loggia and prayer hall.
Some from Knox have previously visited the centre and assure us a most memorable day!
A maximum number of 50 can be accommodated, so if you are interested, please contact Frances H through firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office 604 261 3747.
Cost is TBA